Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dr. House are you listening?

It never fails, somewhere around minute 42, when the patient is about to die, before House has had the revelation that will lead to the diagnosis, one of the residents will yell out questioningly, "Sarcoidosis?"

This is never the accurate diagnosis mind you, one begins to wonder why they keep trying it, Dr. House never even acknowledges the guess.

So imagine my surprise when, after visiting my own doctor with my mystery ailment, I looked up her possible explanation (shingles) and was given the "related search" option of...SARCOIDOSIS!

So, Dr. House here are the symptoms:
6 days and counting
scratchy, burning skin
no rash
limited to the chest and back on the right side only

In addition:
itchy, burning, watery eyes
occasional blurry vision
poor memory (I just burned the fruit crisp!)

I will await your miraculous diagnosis, if you need to come check my home for contaminents please call first, this ailment makes it hard to wear a bra!

1 comment:

  1. It's auto-immune, no, no, you're right it's sarcoidosis. I know one thing, I don't have it. I think I was just allergic to my fabric softener.

    ReplyDelete