Friday, June 26, 2009

In the Middle of...overwhelming Deja Vu


Many of you know that my own #2 (our affectionate name for Matilda prior to her birth), Dani, has recently returned from 10 months in New Zealand. She referred to her trip home as time travel since she traveled over 30 hours and arrived here a mere 6 hours after her departure time. Not being a math person, this completely confuses me! She came home changed in many ways, not the least of which is her engagement to Nelson. We are all so excited and a little wary. Given Danielle and Nelson's enthusiasm for protecting the earth will we be wearing and eating things that should be part of the next "Survivor" series? Never mind, wherever and whatever, we'll be there!!!

Well, Dani's return was the start of "Camp Dani 2009" for Annie and Matilda who have travelled through several states, spent hours and hours in the car and slept in a variety of cribs in order to visit the friends and relatives that have been missing their Aunt Dani. God bless Joe and his infinite patience.

Meanwhile, school has ended for me and I have embarked on one of my many summer projects. My goal is to scan and save all of the family photos. Seeing Annie and Tilda just before their summer birthdays made me choose 1982 as the 1st album to attack. That was the year Dani was born and Kristen was Annie's age, hence the Deja Vu. I began at 10 AM and finished around 3PM. Whoa...I'm going to need a longer summer!
Here is a little taste of Past meets Present:Kristen and Danielle 1982


Danielle with nieces Annabelle and Matilda 2009


If you love these, and just must have more, you can see all 107 at http://www.flickr.com/photos/10122811@N05/sets/72157620602195310/


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment