Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In the Middle of...Learning to live the life of a Beach Bum

I first knew I wanted to live by the beach when I was 16 years old. Robert Kirby's promises of a life running a dock in Ocean City, Maryland sounded so romantic then. Luckily my father ran Robert off and I waited for another opportunity.
I know that some of you may be worried about me spending alone time here in the Palmetto State. Would I be bored? Lonely? (ha!) Let me attempt to put your minds at rest.

In order to preserve my sanity during these many weeks, I mean days, of alone time I have come up with the following daily schedule. Mind you, this schedule is only a general frame of reference, I don't really subscribe to the whole "routine" thing!


7am"ish"-wake up and walk Murph
7:30- 3 mile walk/run, 5 mile bike ride or 4 mile walk on the beach
8:15ish quick dip in the pool to cool off
8:30ish-coffee,breakfast (on the porch, overlooking the ocean)
9:00ish-dog park
10:30-2pm "ish"-exploration time- this could include kayaking, photographing or exploring the many surrounding waterways, parks, towns or shops.





2pm-lunch (I have found some amazing little markets!)
2:30-4ish-work time-writing/reading (several "works in process" and professional reading)
4-6ish-beach time-napping and pleasure reading by the waves
6ish-outdoor shower, dinner, dogwalking

So, as you can see, I have managed to figure out how to fill up my days, no need to fret.

Thursdays, however, I may just have to make room for this new group of like-minded friends!

Next year we're going to work on Steve extending his time in the south, I miss his company (and he's great at loading the kayaks!)



No comments:

Post a Comment